Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Munchkin hits 10oz!

10oz...yeah I know doesn't sound like much, but he/she is right on schedule! We saw all four cavities of the heart pumping away today as the arteries took the blood away. It's amazing what you can see on these things. We watched as Munchkin's legs went from Indian style, to just extending one leg. Munchkin was on the move for awhile and then decided that was it and took a nap. There was a quick yawn, or maybe a yell because we kept trying to get him/her to move for better pictures with little success. Both arms remained in front of the face along with the cord, so the pictures were slim pickins up there. They said everything looks pretty normal. One of the kidneys was a little bigger than the other, but they said not to worry because the baby was laying on his/her side which can make it look bigger, or sometimes the urine can back up if everything doesn't close off right. They said if it's still looks big closer to delivery then they will look into it more, but for now they will just watch. It was wonderful to watch for about 30 minutes as the technician moved around to look at different things. Oh, no need to worry. The technician was wonderful and was able to do it all without showing us what the gender is! They did say that everything in that area looked normal, so our gender on the chart currently says normal :-)

I've also been feeling Munchkin move around for the past couple weeks and it's becoming more consistent all the time. Unfortunately, they are not hard enough for Daddy to feel yet...well I guess I should say that every time I try to get him to feel the random hard kicks and punches Munchkin stops. The other morning I woke up to a beating, and debated if I should wake Eric. I thought for a minute and whispered to see if he was awake...no response. The kicking kept coming so I woke him up and sure enough as soon as his hand was on the way to my belly, the kicking stopped. We are going to have a little trouble maker on our hands :-)

I'm loving pregnancy and looking forward to the next half. Wow has time flown. On Monday we will be half way to the arrival of our little Munchkin!


Not the best pictures, but it's still an update. I think the first one is a little scary, but you can see the yelling...the technician thought it was yell and wrote stop that on the screen. The second is just a profile picture. You can see the nose, mouth, an eye and the brain. The third is of the leg fully extended and then you can see the other leg crossed under it.


1 comment:

BeckyD said...

It does sound like you're going to have a little trickster on your hands! It was so good to see you and rub your adorable belly:)