Thursday, August 14, 2008

Frederick Marathon

In May, Eric, Cheryl and Bob ran in the the Frederick Marathon. Although they only ran half, we were still proud of them. Cheryl and Bob started training in months in advance, and followed their plan of action. Eric on the the other hand, being the nonplanner he is, decided that a month before the marathon he should go for a long run with Cheryl and Bob. Towards the end of the run, Eric decided to take off and leave his family member behind. I have to say this is pretty disgusting. He followed this trend during the marathon, and finished in 2 hours. Cheryl and Bob weren't long behind him. Michael and I drove out to the fairgrounds to cheer on our runners as the crossed the 13 mile mark. As we stood their clapping and cheering for all the runners, I turned to Michael and said "Man my hands are really starting to hurt. I think I need a break." Michael of course agreed, and then it hit us. It's pretty bad that we were complaining about clapping as all these runners who got up to run such a long way at 5:30am ran by us with a look of pain on their face. Of course we noted this, but still made sure we told our beloved family members how hard we worked for them.


I missed Eric when he really ran by, so here he is faking it.
Cheryl is in the blue right next to the sign, and if you look close you can see Bob right behind her in dark blue with his head down.
After the run...

No comments: