This past weekend we traveled to New England to visit old friends and to celebrate Eric's cousin's wedding. We left on Thursday and headed to the Christophel home for a day. Although Jesse had to work, he and Eric had some "man time," as Rosie put it, Friday morning over breakfast. The boys caught up while I slept in :-) I was greeted by Rosie's smiling face. After a quick breakfast, Stewart woke up and the Michaelson's came over for a fun filled day with 5 kids. Somehow Kim is able to watch all 5 by herself, but Eric and I were wiped after it was 3 on 5. We had a great day catching up with Kim and playing with the kids. Friday night we got to meet our newest New England friend, Luke. Our friends Josh and Courtney had their first a couple months ago. He is a smiling happy baby. Josh made us some yummy burgers and we chatted the night away. Later that night, we, well I say we, but really I just slept, made the drive to the Cape to meet up with the Couch family.
Saturday morning we enjoyed a New England breakfast of Dunkin Donuts before heading out to the Christmas Tree shop. Eric was not too excited about shopping, so he went putt putting with Lexi, Brett, Sean and Eileen. Will the putted the morning away, my basket quickly filled up at the Christmas Tree shop with lots of low priced goodies. Later, we headed to the church to see Reenie get married. The ceremony was beautiful. I was in the middle of the row, so the pictures all had a person's head blocking the shot. I did however get some pictures of the family hanging out after the ceremony.
With a 2 hour break before the reception, everyone headed to the near by Friendly's for free ice cream. Full of sugar and ready to dance we went to the reception. In addition to the wonderful 4 course meal, we had an ice sculpture, and we were right on the water. It's always a fun night when the whole family gets together and tonight wasn't any different.
Sunday morning, we woke up early so we could make it to our old church for the morning service. It was wonderful to be back in the small community we left a few years ago. The church is continuing to grow, but still has the intimate felling we left. After church, we spent the day with the Christophels and then hung out with some of our close friends later that night. I was going to take pictures, but our friend Sarah is a wonderful photographer and I decided I would just borrow hers. I'll post some pictures of the afternoon later.
Monday we said our good-byes and headed down south. It was a world wind of weekend, but wonderful to see so many great people again. Although we love being down south where we're not only closer to family, but it's actually warm in April, we do miss our wonderful friends in Connecticut.







No comments:
Post a Comment