Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas!

On Christmas Eve our neighborhood lines the streets with lit candles in paper bags to carry on the tradition of welcoming guests. Unfortunately, the weather didn't corporate very well. We had high winds and it was wet out. Most of the bags didn't stay lit, and in a few cases we saw bags that had burnt to the ground. It was beautiful while it lasted though!

On Christmas morning Eric and I stayed home to open our stockings and gifts before heading out to spend time with the family. First we went up the street to Eric's parent's house, where we watched Marion open up her new Mac Notebook. She was so excited she screamed and hugged it several times. Then we headed over to the Danilucks for a family breakfast and gift exchange with the brothers and sisters. Brett, Lexi and Luke were great to watch as they were so thrilled with their new toys and loved having everyone there to show them off to.






The rest of Christmas day was spent playing Rockband 2 with Maggie and Michael before we headed up the street to the Lawrences for the traditional night of desserts and Bunko. Last year, I was tied for last place so this year I decided I really needed to step up my game. Although Eric was not happy because I beat him a couple times throughout the night, I was thrilled to finish tied for first. We had a wonderful time as always.



No comments: