Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tis the season...

Well the crazy month of December has begun. We have been busy getting the house decorated for Christmas. We headed out in the cold to find the perfect tree for our home. We found one we liked at the farm, marked it, and continued to look to make sure there wasn't something better. Usually, we have to keep asking "Was this the one we liked?" With this tree we were able to pick it out again. The tree is lit with well over 1000 lights, as is the Wiedeman tradition. Eric says I'm crazy for adding so many lights, but that's what I had growing up, and I love the look. Eric grew up with colored lights, while I'm a white light girl. We compromised, well really I light it so I set the rules, by adding one strand of colored lights down the trunk of the tree and the white lights are wrapped around the branches.

Today, I went over to a friends to bake cookies. Every year a group of us get together to have a baking day. It makes it more enjoyable since our husbands aren't very excited about sitting and chatting with us in the kitchen while we cook. It is a lot of fun, and in the end we go home with lots of cookies.

Now we're just getting the house ready for the Christmas party next weekend!

No comments: